About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, committed, energetic leader to contribute to Australia’s skills needs and economic growth by taking the Institute to its next phase of success and development.
The CEO will work with the ISS Institute’s Board and staff to:
• promote the organisation and its programs to industry, government and the broader community;
• develop current and new mutually beneficial relationships with sponsors, patrons and alumni;
• deliver a successful fundraising program and increase financial sponsorship of ISS Institute;
• manage the ISS Institute’s programs and activities, its small team of staff and its budget.
The successful applicant will provide evidence of:
• knowledge of the skills promotion, education and/or not-for-profit sectors;
• business acumen and a track record of successful and strategic management in the not-for-profit sector;
• attracting funding through a variety of sources, including corporate and government sectors;
• effectively managing budgets and delivering positive financial outcomes;
• exceptional stakeholder management skills, particularly the ability to initiate and develop sustainable relationships with private and public sector organisations, individuals, ISS Institute alumni and other key stakeholders;
• working effectively with a Board of Management, and developing and implementing good governance processes;
• leading and managing teams to deliver successful outcomes;
• high quality interpersonal skills and leadership capabilities;
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
Salary: $100,000-$150,000 per annum. A salary package commensurate with experience and working hours will be negotiated.
Hours: Minimum 4 days per week
Location: Carlton, Victoria
For further information about International Specialised Skills Institute, please check our website at: www.issinstitute.org.au
Enquiries about the position may be directed to Alisia Romanin, Secretary, at email@example.com or 0417 386 086.
Applications close on Friday 23rd March, 2018. Completed applications are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organisation
The ISS Institute is proud of its heritage. The organisation was founded over 26 years ago by Sir James Gobbo AC CVO, former Governor of Victoria, to encourage investment in the development of Australia’s specialised skills. Our international Fellowship program supports many Australians and international leaders across a broad cross-section of industries and sectors to undertake applied international research that benefits economic development through vocational training, industry innovation and advancement. To date over 350 Australian and international Fellows have undertaken Fellowships facilitated through the ISS Institute. Our Fellowship Program encourages mutual and shared learning, leadership and communities of practice.
The organisation plays a pivotal role in creating value and opportunity, encouraging new thinking and the early adoption of ideas and practice.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0417386086
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.