About the Role
SecondBite seeks to appoint a senior executive who will help the organisation to continue to build upon the extraordinary achievements of the last ten years.
The Chief Operating Officer of SecondBite will:
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer to provide operational management and direction on SecondBite’s mission, values and goals;
- Oversee the financial management of all of SecondBite’s operations;
- Help to develop, manage and nurture significant internal and external stakeholder relationships, including those from within the private and public sector environments;
- Take a pro-active approach to leading a committed team whilst promoting an environment that values diversity and encourages continuous development of staff and talent across the organisation; and
- Provide advocacy on food security issues in Australia.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- In excess of ten years’ senior leadership experience in a business of similar scale;
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in business and/or finance;
- A track record for collaborating and connecting with others to produce superior results and effective partnerships;
- A ‘can-do’ attitude coupled with determination and a capacity for hard work;
- A passion for working with the not-for-profit sector; and
- An empathetic understanding of the issues surrounding food insecurity and nutritional poverty.
A detailed statement regarding this opportunity is available by emailing the assisting consultants, Egon Zehnder via email@example.com.
Written applications, consisting of a cover letter and detailed CV, close on Friday, 9th March 2018.
About the Organisation
Formally established in 2005, SecondBite was the idea of Ian and Simone Carson who decided they could no longer watch good food go to waste while people went hungry. In its first year, SecondBite was run by only three volunteers in Victoria and moved just over 600 kg of food. Since then, SecondBite has grown at an astounding rate with the generous support of volunteers, donors, and supporters alike. In 2017 over eleven million kilograms of fresh, nutritious food was redistributed and 22 million healthy meals were provided to people in need. The growth of the organisation has been very solid, and it is now truly a national organisation which reaches across every state and territory in Australia.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer via Pro Bono Australia.