About the Role
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a key member of the global Executive Leadership Team. Leading a team of 50, the COO is responsible for ensuring that the global Movember group (now in 21 countries) is well supported with:
– an appropriate technology strategy and delivery of technology services;
– a strong finance capability;
– project and reporting efficiency; and
– legal and contract services as well as compliance.
The COO will ensure that required resources and processes are in place to effectively grow the organisation and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The role, however, is not just focused on operational delivery, but is also a key driver of the identification of possibilities and opportunities that will take Movember forward, e.g. major technology initiatives. The COO will therefore work collaboratively with the CEO, Board and the ELT to identify and understand business challenges and opportunities, deliver technology strategy and solutions, enhance business performance and support the achievement of Movember’s business strategy, core purpose and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/credentials:
– Demonstrated industry experience in a similar role in technology, finance or a related discipline
– Demonstrated experience in leading transformational change
– Relevant experience in leadership of teams across multiple disciplines
– Demonstrated experience in overseeing technology, finance and legal functions
– Knowledgeable in project management frameworks
– Proven expertise in the role of advisor to ELT / business leaders
– Ability to be hands-on, and work effectively in a smaller organisation
– Working permit/residency for Australia
– Relevant university degree
Candidates will also need to demonstrate the following leadership capabilities:
– Strong strategic leadership
– Ability to build and lead high performing teams
– Strong influencer, communicator and driver of change
– Driver of exceptional results
– Ability to build external relations
– Compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures:
About the Organisation
Movember’s mission is to have an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health, with a focus on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention, and moving more.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Bronwyn Fulton, Sheldon Harris Consulting
Phone : +61396633131
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Operations Officer – Movember Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.