About the Role
• Play a key role leading a new communications and engagement strategy for the McCabe Centre for Law and Cancer
• Full time fixed term position for 3 years – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager to join the McCabe Centre team. Reporting to the Director, your role is to:
• Develop and implement a communications and stakeholder engagement strategy in line with the Centre’s objectives and strategic plan
• Collaborate with UICC to strategically build and maintain ongoing relationship and networking opportunities with a wide range of international and local stakeholders
• Oversee and manage the Centre’s promotional publications, and web, social media, digital and online offerings, enhancing accessibility for governments, funders, international organisations and non-specialist audiences
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
• Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline, and a proven track record in communications and external relations. Experience working in international policy settings will be highly regarded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small, dynamic team with people of diverse cultural, language and religious backgrounds.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills including the ability to synthesise complex material accurately.
• A proactive, organised and collaborative approach with the ability to quickly build understanding of new areas of activity and of stakeholder relationships
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 3 years provides a salary within range $80,074 to $94,753 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs.
The McCabe Centre for Law and Cancer is a joint initiative of Cancer Council Victoria, the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), and Cancer Council Australia. Its mission is to promote the effective use of law for the prevention and control of cancer and other non-communicable diseases by building knowledge, expertise, capacity and networks at global, regional and domestic levels The McCabe Centre team comprises staff in Melbourne and Regional Coordinators based in Fiji, Kenya and the Philippines. The Centre runs a unique international legal training program, collaborates with key international organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), and is a WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) Knowledge Hub.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0395146100
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com. For more information contact Jonathan Liberman on (03) 9514 6100.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 25 February 2018
Please quote in application: Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Manager (Ref.McCabe.11) via Pro Bono Australia.