About the Role
Community Support Worker
Location : Melbourne (Western and northern suburbs of Melbourne)
Organisation : United Spanish Latin American Welfare Centre
Work Type : Casual
Salary Type : Hourly
Application Closing Date : end March 2018
Due to rapid expansion, United is looking for a number of Support Workers for an immediate start.
We are seeking skilled, flexible and friendly community support workers who want to make a difference. You are passionate about engaging and motivating the ageing population, empathetic and person-centred.
Please address the following key selection criteria.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of person centred support.
• Understanding of Aged Care, not-for-profit home community sector or similar
• Effective verbal, written and computer skills
• Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to engage and motivate Aging people.
• Demonstrated professional attitude and commitment to continual learning.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team.
• Ability and experience with optimising opportunities to connect people to their community.
• Experience in working with individual support plans.
A Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care and HACC is essential to this role. In addition to this, candidates must have the following experience and attributes:
• Current Australian Driver’s License and access to a reliable and registered vehicle
• Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
• Ability to develop relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Recent professional experience in complex care environments
• Ability to work independently
Fluent in Spanish or other community language.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
United adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity principles, values diversity and encourages applications from a diverse array of backgrounds.
How to apply for this job:
In order to assess your job application please forward the three following documents to email@example.com using the subject line: CSW via ProBono.
1. Cover letter
2. Document addressing the key selection criteria: please address each selection criteria by briefly explaining how your qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills meet all the points outlined in the key selection criteria. Applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered.
3. Curriculum Vitae
Please email any queries and all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and address to either Margaret Price or Ana Roman.
Please include in the subject heading CSW via ProBono.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You may also contact either Margaret or Ana on 9318 2949 during office hours.
About the Organisation
UNITED has served the Spanish speaking community for over forty years. Based in the western suburbs of Melbourne, the organisation is experiencing rapid growth and expanding its programs and services to the Spanish-speaking and the wider community. We provide aged care home support services, social support, educational and training programs. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of UNITED's rapid expansion.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Margaret Price and Ana Roman
Phone : 03 9318 2949
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Community Support Workers via Pro Bono Australia.