About the Role
- 0.8 – 1.0 EFT negotiable
- 12 months contract
- Based across Footscray & Collingwood
Are you a proactive and motivated team player with a passion for mental health? If so, here is the perfect opportunity to join an organisation whose passion is to provide support to people living with mental illness.
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours
- Enjoy a competitive hourly rate + salary packaging options!
- Join a positive, friendly and supportive work environment
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what you do!
We put our people and consumers first. We recognise that our success is a direct reflection of our people, so we’ve created an environment that facilitates professional development, knowledge exchange and learning. This is so our people can confidently deliver exceptional service and care as experts.
Our programs are delivered within a framework of strengths-based, recovery-oriented practice. We are committed to applying a codesign approach, working with consumers, carers and staff, to improve and re-design services, or create new ones. We deliver consistent, high quality recovery-oriented services by using the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) and ensuring competency in trauma informed care and family centred practice.
About this role
The Consumer Engagement and Co-design Lead as been developed to work closely with members of the Practice, Research and Consumer and Carer Leadership Program, to provide leadership of key co-design initiatives. The Consumer and Codesign Lead will develop relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and implement a comprehensive co-design plan, creating pathways for greater involvement of consumers, carers/family and staff in service improvement and re-design. This position will provide leadership in the development of our participation and engagement mechanisms, working to implement recommendations falling out of an organisational review.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Lived experience of mental illness and recovery;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; for example community development, social work, community services, psychology, public health, other health qualifications or any qualification with a focus on social research;
- An understanding of community engagement models and experience based co-design;
Knowledge of the experience based co-design model;
- Experience in facilitating consumer, carer and staff participation in redesign of services;
- Well-developed skills in facilitating community participation and focus groups;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and work collaboratively with a range of people from diverse backgrounds; and
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery oriented practice, trauma informed practice and
- family centred practice.
We are committed to a high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people. If you have what we are looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
About the Organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Mangers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2011-
2015, Grade 4
Apply for this Job
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 25th February
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
To apply for this job go to: www.cohealthcareers.org.au/Jobs/ & enter ref code:
3991271 or click the APPLY button.
Please quote in application: Consumer Engagement and Co- Design Lead via Pro Bono Australia.