About the Role
About the role
• Senior appointment: A$165K per annum (plus 9.5% employer superannuation and leave loading)
• 12 Month Contract
• Full-time (35 hours per week)
• CSI Sydney CBD office
The Centre for Social Impact is seeking a Director of Social Impact Industry to take a lead role in developing and managing CSI’s Industry relationships and providing a critical bridge between academia and CSI’s catalysing social change strategic agenda.
The Social Impact Industry Director will have responsibility for working with new and existing industry partners and contributing to CSI’s financial sustainability and developing the capacity of the social purpose sector. It will do this through three primary areas: development and implementation of professional development education programs (based on industry needs); the development of tools/ guides/ resources that assist industry to achieve social impact (including the significant Amplify Social Impact project); and industry related outcomes focused research projects.
We are seeking an energetic, collegiate and effective individual who is passionate about, and wants to play a leadership role in, helping to catalyse positive social change.
You will have overall responsibility for delivering on CSI’s strategic vision for catalysing social impact. Working closely with the CEO, the CSI National Executive and the CSI UNSW Senior Leadership Team, you will ensure the alignment of CSI’s national and UNSW’s strategic priorities, whilst also contributing to community engagement of the Centre, Faculty and University.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have research experience in a discipline relevant to CSI and an ability to translate research into practical application (e.g. tools, guides, resources, including through technology) for social purpose organisations across sectors (government, corporates, not-for-profits, social enterprises etc.).
• Be experienced in designing and managing high quality educational programs to build the capability of others.
• Be experienced in generating income through the development and management of relationships (e.g. through industry projects, research grants or other funding).
• Be an effective, proactive and energetic leader who can supervise and motivate diverse groups of people across CSI to achieve successful outcomes.
• Be an outstanding communicator with an acute interest in understanding what industry needs, the ability to listen and exceptional at developing and stewarding highly productive external and internal relationships.
• Be excited about, and committed to, the future direction of CSI, our culture and our values
An applicant for this role must be an Australian citizen or have Australian work rights for the duration of the fixed term role and will be required to undergo a pre-employment qualification check prior to appointment to this role.
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Applications close: midnight Sunday 23:59 on 11th March 2018
Ben Richards, Talent Acquisition Lead. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. We aim to catalyse change by drawing on our foundations of Research, and Education and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9385 2462
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Social Impact Industry via Pro Bono Australia.