About the Role
- Excellent opportunity with a leading national organisation
- Rewarding and meaningful role with a dedicated team of professionals
- Full-time position for up to 2 years
- Competitive remuneration package including 10.5% super, salary sacrifice and packaging options
Working closely with the Chief Executive, the position is responsible for leading the development of key strategic and policy directions impacting on service access and the development and delivery of health services to rural Australians. The position will assist the Chief Executive, Council and Board to engage with and influence key stakeholders in an inclusive and constructive manner.
A key aspect of this role is the engagement of Council member organisations to identify contemporary best practice service models that are proven to impact positively on service access and health outcomes.
You will have a sound knowledge of commonwealth and state responsibilities in the health sector, the involvement of peak representative bodies and the issues that are relevant to rural consumers in accessing timely and appropriate health care.
You will have demonstrated experience in the successful development and implementation of strategy and policy initiatives and processes.
In particular, you will have demonstrated:
- A record of achievement at a senior level in formulating strategy and policy that has resulted in substantive change.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively with a wide range of stakeholders including government departments and other peak body organisations.
- Initiative, drive and responsiveness to emerging opportunities and demonstrated leadership capacity.
- High-level communication skills – written and oral.
Your successful career would be built on your strategic thinking, your ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbal, your solid evidence-based decision-making skills and your depth of understanding of the factors that impact on individual health outcomes.
About the Organisation
The National Rural Health Alliance Ltd is Australia's peak representative and advocacy body for rural and remote health. The Alliance works closely with 34-member organisations to align resources to the achievement of better health outcomes for people living in rural and remote Australia.
Apply for this Job
Applications should include a copy of your current curriculum vitae and a statement addressing the key selection criteria of the position. Your application should be received no later than 5.00pm, 23 February 2018.
For further information please contact Mark Diamond, Chief Executive, National Rural Health Alliance on 0428 817 090.
To apply for this job go to: https://nrha.recruitmenthub.com.au/vacancies/ & enter ref
code: 3987877 or click the APPLY button.
Please quote in application: Director, Strategy and Policy Development via Pro Bono Australia.