About the Role
- Join a highly creative organisation which promotes the health benefits of humour
- Work within the fundraising team with a focus on engaging donors and supporters
- Would suit candidates with an event’s, marketing and/or business development background
Reporting to the fundraising manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the overall fundraising strategy and targets. This will be achieved by building relationships with new donors and sponsors, managing regular events and utilising social media and marketing tools.
- Sourcing new supporters, donations, event attendees and generating sponsorships
- Create promotional materials for marketing and media opportunities
- Manage and plan inter-state events
- Coordinate and inspire fundraising volunteers and source gifts-in-kind
You have a good understanding of events, marketing and social media and be able to manage multiple priorities. You will be able to generate strong donor relationships and work in an efficient, organised manner. Your experience will include;
- Generating new initiatives to increase sales or donations in a fundraising or marketing environment
- Demonstrating strong relationship building skills and a flair for marketing
- Successfully working to targets, whilst ensuring a high level of customer experience
- Familiar with coordinating events
About the Organisation
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine. Working closely with medical professionals and engaging 65 Clown Doctors, the Foundation delivers 1500 ward rounds engaging with sick children in 24 hospitals across Australia annually. The Foundation’s work is based on clinical research that shows the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Through their four main programs, Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss and Laughter Works, the Foundation reaches over 200,000 vulnerable children and adults, including those living with dementia. They also have an ongoing commitment to further research around the therapeutic benefits of humour.
Benefits and Culture
- Working 5 days per week on a flexible basis, with time in lieu available
- Located on Sydney’s north shore, close to train stations
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the cause
Apply for this Job
If you would like to work for an organisation which believes laughter is the best medicine, please contact Debbie Jardine on 02 8243 0570 or please click apply, submitting a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34156.
Please quote in application: Events and Sponsorship Officer via Pro Bono Australia.