About the Role
Highly organised and proactive, in this role you will have the opportunity to work with a supportive and fun team while providing vital support to the Board and Deputy CEOs. This role will also see you supporting our Deputy CEOs and operations at FYA to optimise their efficiency. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to get things done.
Sound like you? Read on!
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities;
- booking meetings or appointments and diary management
- booking travel including flights, accommodation and hire cars
- reconciliation of credit cards each month
Board and Committee Meetings:
- liaising with Company Secretary to set up meeting invitations and determine availability of Directors and committee members
- preparing meeting agendas and papers including reminding team members to submit papers, proofreading and formatting
- organising logistics for AGM, board retreats, dinners and events
Support to FYA Speaker Bureau Project Team:
- preparing briefings, run sheets, presentations and collateral for conferences and events
- arranging invoices, after events, for speaker fees and reimbursement of travel costs
General Administrative Support:
- answer all incoming calls to FYA and direct as appropriate
- collect and distribute mail, faxes and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org each day
- routine scanning and filing of legal, HR and payroll documentation
Proven experience in a similar role with at least five experience in office administration and strong communication and negotiation skills. Excellent time management and ability to complete varying tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated competency in Google based application and MS Office suite of programs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight timeframes.
Strong personal presence, confidence and self-assurance, along with relationship management skills and the ability to engage, influence and negotiate will be required for this role.
Don’t wait….apply now to be part of changing the future
Now you know all about us, we want to know all about you!
About the Organisation
FYA is Australia’s only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
We work with young people from all over Australia aged 12-29 years, building Australia’s largest community of young changemakers – the innovators, the makers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers and the creators. Working with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to create and back young people and transform the way young people are engaged.
Apply for this Job
To apply, please submit your application via the FYA Careers webpage.
You will need to include the following:
- A one-page cover letter that tells us why you would be perfect for the role
- A one page overview of your experience and qualifications in executive support, administration and coordination
- A CV, no longer than three pages, that outlines your experience and career highlights.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 4th March 2018.
Still have questions?
Call Alecia Rathbone, Deputy CEO on 03 9670 5436.
Please see our website for full position description –
FYA is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or or disability
To apply for this job go to: www.fyacareers.com & enter ref code: 4014304.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.