About the Role
Highly organised and proactive, in this role you will have the opportunity to work with a supportive and fun team in ensuring that the FYA buildings and facilities are maintained and compliant with relevant legislation. This role will see you managing our suppliers, taking the lead on Workplace Health and Safety projects and managing our buildings and facilities nationwide. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to lead and influence.
Sound like you….. Read on!
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop a facilities management plan for the inspection, maintenance and cleaning of the premises including a yearly roster of activities
- Develop and maintain relevant policies and procedures relating to facilities and ensure they are implemented
- Supervise contractors work to ensure this is completed on time and to a professional standard
- Act as an administrator for the Travel Management Software including set up of new user accounts and support to the team on use of the system
Occupational Health and Safety
- Contribute as a leading member on the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team, including acting as secretary of the OHS Committee
- Coordinate a variety of WHS activities
- Event management support including project management, venue assessment, risk assessment and planning and event supplier procurement
Proven experience and/or qualifications in facilities management and Occupational Health and Safety or in a similar role. Skills and experience in managing suppliers and project management. Strong communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to get things done by motivating and leading others. Excellent time management and ability to complete varying tasks simultaneously.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight timeframes.
Strong personal presence, confidence and self-assurance, along with relationship management skills and the ability to engage, influence and negotiate will be required for this role.
Don’t wait….apply now to be part of changing the future
About the Organisation
FYA is Australia's only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
We work with young people from all over Australia aged 12-29 years, building Australia's largest community of young changemakers - the innovators, the makers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers and the creators. Working with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to create and back young people and transform the way young people are engaged.
Apply for this Job
Now you know all about us, we want to know all about you!
To apply, please submit your application via the FYA Careers webpage.
You will need to include the following:
- A one-page cover letter that tells us why you would be perfect for the job.
- A one page overview of your experience and qualifications in property management, Supplier Management and OHS
- A CV, no longer than three pages, that outlines your experience and
Applications close 5pm Sunday 4th March 2017.
Still have questions?
Call Sheri Johnston, CFO & GM Business Services on 03 9670 5436.
Full position description - https://fyacareers.com/Vacancies/
FYA is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or or disability.
To apply for this job go to: www.fyacareers.com & enter ref code: 4010810.
Please quote in application: Facilities Manager via Pro Bono Australia.