About the Role
- International animal protection organisation – Sydney based
- Would suit a well-rounded, dynamic and experienced fundraising expert
- Develop & implement a diverse strategy with a focus on direct marketing and regular giving
Reporting to the Country Director and International Fundraising Director, in this hands-on role you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to deliver major growth in fundraising income for this recent entry in the Australian NFP scene. Your outstanding leadership and management skills will facilitate the achievement of fundraising targets to enable the organisation to deliver its international animal protection programs. Specifically you will:
- Lead and manage the FOUR PAWS fundraising team to achieve revenue growth in line with the strategic plan
- Create innovative pathways and donor journeys for DM, face to face, regular givers, bequests and major donors
- Increase donor acquisition and retention rates through professional donor management
- Develop and deliver the annual fundraising budget and programs
- Manage external agency relationships through supplier negotiations and account management
- Maintain strong internal and external relationships with local and international supporter relations and communications teams
You are a high performing fundraiser with a track record in achieving targets through successfully developing and nurturing donor relationships and managing data driven fundraising portfolios. You are able to demonstrate your abilities in:
- Successfully growing a variety of fundraising streams with a focus on direct marketing, digital fundraising, regular giving and face-to-face programs
- Managing external fundraising agencies
- Analysis of data to develop improved fundraising outcomes
- Developing compelling fundraising case statements
- Building relationships with donors and other key stakeholders
- Leading, motivating and mentoring a small team
This position will require you to have, or be willing to obtain, a current criminal record check.
About the Organisation
FOUR PAWS is an international animal protection organisation with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in more than 10 other countries worldwide. Founded in 1988, the organisation improves animal welfare through campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals who are directly under human influence, for example farm animals, companion animals and wild animals kept in captivity.
FOUR PAWS’ mission is to be the strong, global and independent voice for animals under human control, creating sustainable solutions for animals in need, touching hearts and changing consumer behaviour, and driving legal changes to improve animal welfare.
Benefits and Culture
- Work with a skilled, dedicated and passionate team
- Located in Sydney CBD, close to public transport and shops
- Be part of the senior leadership team that delivers on organisational plans for growth
- International and national travel approximately quarterly
- Flexible working hours and potential for part-time working arrangement
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.