About the Role
Do you want to join a deadly team and help an organisation that stands up for the aspirations and voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander young people? Then this is a great opportunity for you!
Hours: 0.9FTE, 34.2 hours per week (nine-day fortnight)
Remuneration: $36 – $38 per hour, classified under SCHCADS Award at Employment Level 5 (YACVic pays above award rates)
Location: Melbourne CBD
About the role
The KYC Deputy Executive Officer is a new role within the KYC responsible for leading activities in the areas of regional engagement, community partnerships, youth participation, leadership development and supporting our young Executive members. The role also supports the KYC Executive Officer to advocate and represent the voices of Aboriginal young people in Victoria.
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who is flexible, motivated and willing to play an active leadership role in a collaborative and close-knit team.
You will have:
• A strong understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community, with a demonstrated knowledge of community strengths and issues, particularly those that relate to young people.
• Ability to work with young people within a youth participation framework.
• Excellent ability to engage and build a strong rapport and partnerships with key community stakeholders.
• The capacity to frequently travel around across the state to engage with communities and deliver programs.
• A friendly, confident personality with a sense of humour
• Initiative, seeing what needs to be done before being asked.
• Excellent time management, with the ability to multitask.
You will enjoy:
• a flexible, disability friendly, family friendly and fun work culture;
• a high degree of autonomy and collegial support;
• sector-leading professional development;
• a new Melbourne CBD office.
The KYC Deputy Executive Officer will be a YACVic employee. YACVic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position.
This is an Aboriginal and Torres Islander identified position. Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the special measures provision of S12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act (VIC).
YACVic promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people, including those with a disability, those who are Aboriginal or those from refugee or migrant backgrounds. We take child protection very seriously. All employees are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards, including rigorous background, identity and reference checks. The successful applicant will require a current Working with Children Check and Police Check (costs reimbursed) and must agree to adhere to our child safe policy and code of conduct.
About the Organisation
The Koorie Youth Council (KYC) is the representative body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people in Victoria. Led by an Executive of 15 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and our state-wide members, KYC values the diversity and strength of young people as decision-makers. KYC advocates to government and community to advance the rights and representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people. By hosting events like the annual Koorie Youth Summit, KYC brings Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people together to amplify their voices for social change.
The KYC is auspiced by the Youth Affairs Council of Victoria.
About the Youth Affairs Council of Victoria (YACVic)
The Youth Affairs Council of Victoria Inc. (YACVic) is the peak body and leading policy advocate on young people's issues in Victoria. YACVic’s vision is that young Victorians have their rights upheld and are valued as active participants in their communities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0427 461 800
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: KYC Deputy Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.