About the Role
The role of the Manager Auxiliaries and Fundraising is to manage the department responsible for the development and sustainability of the RCH Auxiliaries and volunteer fundraisers and groups who wish to support the hospital. While the groups determine their own fundraising for the most part, the position will provide leadership of and guidance to fundraisers and staff. The position will ensure smooth operation of the office, membership services and assist in developing fundraising initiatives. The Manager Auxiliaries and Fundraising will liaise with the Director, Grants and with Auxiliaries groups to ensure that monies raised are used by the hospital in pursuit of excellence.
The role also has oversight of the retail elements of the RCH Foundation and is responsible for the management of the Foundation’s Volunteer Program.
As part of a small team, the position must be very hands on and flexible enough to respond to requests from other team members and to undertake activities of a general nature. The position has a core team of staff to manage and develop.
Why work at the RCH Foundation
- The opportunity to work in outstanding facilities for one of the world’s best children’s hospitals, alongside some of the greatest medical minds
- The chance to be part of a fantastic and flexible team culture
- Access to many food and beverage options on site, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage therapist and supermarket. We are also surrounded by the beautiful Royal Park and just a short tram trip to the Melbourne CBD
- Learning and career development opportunities to help you grow the role and your career.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in the management of small teams of staff
- Minimum of two years experience developing fundraising initiatives, programs and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage operational and event budgets
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large groups of volunteers/fundraisers; high level of understanding and empathy with volunteers/fundraisers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to the RCH Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Experience in operating effectively in a flexible, team environment with excellent client service skills and focus
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with member database (Supporter 360 or similar) – training provided
- Some knowledge and experience of event management
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
About the Organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals.
The RCH Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader, tackling some of the world's biggest health issues, and the Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence, and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment, and patient and family-centred care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 5037
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Auxiliaries and Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.