About the Role
- Sustainable housing solutions, positive social & community outcomes
- Create, drive and deliver the communications strategy
- Part time 4 days or 28 hours, Fairfield or Parramatta
The Manager, Communications supports the development of communication capability across the organisation and is responsible for delivering a communications strategy to lift the profile and visibility of Hume through:
- Creating internal and external communication for all channels
- Fostering relationships and networks with key stakeholders
- Ensuring unified and consistent key messaging
- Managing media relations and social media
- Establishing frameworks and processes
You have significant experience in communications management with excellent technical writing, relationship and people management skills. You are committed to the ethos of social and affordable housing and can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to raise the public awareness through creative communication campaigns
- Extensive media experience including an established network of media contacts
- Experience developing multiple social media channels
- Stakeholder management including members of parliament and government officials
The successful candidate may be required to undertake police or other background checks.
About the Organisation
Hume Community Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 community housing provider and manages and or owns over 1,800 social housing properties. Hume delivers homes and services to more than 4000 customers across New South Wales.
Hume provides tenancy management, property management and support services directly and collaboratively with key stakeholders to facilitate sustainable housing solutions and enhanced positive social and community outcomes.
Hume develops properties both independently and in partnership with the private sector, developers and financial institutions. Supported by a skilled board with robust governance structures, Hume is investing in an ambitious growth strategy to deliver further quality housing and services to those in need.
Benefits and Culture
Hume is a great values driven place to work and offers above award salaries, flexible working arrangements, salary packaging, professional development and career opportunities.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Communications via Pro Bono Australia.