About the Role
For every child, an advocate
UNICEF and China have a long history of collaboration. In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF, and our first programme provided emergency relief services to children. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. It’s had progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. China has reduced its under-five mortality rate by 80% since 1990. For more information, please visit our webpage: http://www.unicef.cn.
How you can make a difference
We are now looking for seasoned expertise to be responsible for leading and retaining existing partnerships and proactively establishing new high-impact partnerships with the corporate sector and high net-worth individuals in China, to mobilize resources to realize UNICEF’s strategic goals.
• Provide strategic leadership to obtaining resources for UNICEF China. Propose frameworks of engagement with the private sector in line with Global Best Practices
• Ensure annual private sector fundraising targets are reached
• Proactively lead the development of new partnerships in line with UNICEF’s objectives
• Lead the team to identify, assess and negotiate with companies and high net worth individuals based on quality research
• Provide high quality account management to existing corporate partners
• Provide coaching and management to team members. Develop work plans and ensure objectives and targets are achieved
• Ensure that new partnerships are aligned with UNICEF’s due diligence standards, and adequately manage risk
To qualify, you will have…
• Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience particularly in a business-to-business role in a global organization and/or an international partnerships role in a charity, NGO or INGO
• Experience at strategic management level and of team leadership
• Experience in sales and of developing partnerships with the corporate sector
• Experience of working with high net-worth individuals is desirable
• Strong management and coordination skills in a complex multi-organizational setting
• Master’s level university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. [NB: A first level university degree in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree]
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Mandarin would be valuable but is not essential.
For every child, you demonstrate…
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Interpersonal and motivational skills; capacity to build team spirit and bring diverse teams to deliver on shared results
• Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Compelling communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager (Fundraising) (P4) China via Pro Bono Australia.