About the Role
For every child, an advocate
UNICEF and China have a long history of collaboration. In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF, and our first programme provided emergency relief services to children. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. It’s had progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. China has reduced its under-five mortality rate by 80% since 1990. For more information, please visit our webpage: http://www.unicef.cn.
How you can make a difference
We are now looking for seasoned expertise to be responsible for leading and retaining existing partnerships and proactively establishing new high-impact partnerships with the corporate sector and high net-worth individuals in China, to mobilize resources to realize UNICEF’s strategic goals.
• Provide strategic leadership to obtaining resources for UNICEF China. Propose frameworks of engagement with the private sector in line with Global Best Practices
• Ensure annual private sector fundraising targets are reached
• Proactively lead the development of new partnerships in line with UNICEF’s objectives
• Lead the team to identify, assess and negotiate with companies and high net worth individuals based on quality research
• Provide high quality account management to existing corporate partners
• Provide coaching and management to team members. Develop work plans and ensure objectives and targets are achieved
• Ensure that new partnerships are aligned with UNICEF’s due diligence standards, and adequately manage risk
To qualify, you will have…
• Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience particularly in a business-to-business role in a global organization and/or an international partnerships role in a charity, NGO or INGO
• Experience at strategic management level and of team leadership
• Experience in sales and of developing partnerships with the corporate sector
• Experience of working with high net-worth individuals is desirable
• Strong management and coordination skills in a complex multi-organizational setting
• Master’s level university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. [NB: A first level university degree in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree]
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Mandarin would be valuable but is not essential.
For every child, you demonstrate…
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Interpersonal and motivational skills; capacity to build team spirit and bring diverse teams to deliver on shared results
• Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Compelling communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “UNICEF –Partnerships Manager China” in the email subject line.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The deadline for applications is Sunday February 25th, 2018, 18.00 GMT.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager (Fundraising) (P4) China via Pro Bono Australia.