About the Role
KYDS Youth Development Service is an award-winning community-based charity committed to providing free counselling to young people (12 – 18 years) and their families living in Northern Sydney. Our Clinical Services team is made up of a dedicated group of Counsellors, Psychologists, Intern Counsellors and Volunteers, who provide high quality and innovative approaches to working with a range of difficulties that young people and families face.
KYDS is seeking a Psychologist who has a passion for making a difference to the lives of young people and a desire to contribute to the further development of the service. Our organisation provides opportunities for learning and professional development, as well as valuing the learning that happens between team members. Our aim is to ensure that KYDS is a place where young people and families feel supported and have a sense of their experiences being understood, as a way of bringing about change. The role of the Psychologist will be to offer individual therapy to young people, parental support and/or family-based interventions. In addition, the successful candidate will facilitate and contribute to the evolution of a range of workshops and group-based programs, which are run both on-site and in the community (e.g. schools).
For more information please check out our website: www.kyds.org.au
If you have any questions about the role please contact Dr Anthony Rigney, Clinical Services Manager, 9416 0900. We encourage enquiries from potential candidates and are happy to answer any questions about our service.
Applications close: Monday 5 March 2018
• Full-time position
• Salary in accordance with current Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010, with generous PBI salary packaging available.
• Full registration with AHPRA and a Medicare provider number or eligible to obtain.
• Experience working with adolescents and their families.
• Extensive knowledge and competency of a broad range of therapeutic modalities.
• Experience delivering group programs, workshops and/or presentations.
• Excellent communication skills, including being comfortable with public speaking.
• Demonstrated capacity to maintain professional and ethical standards.
• Membership with APS.
• Current (or eligible to be) supervisor for provisional psychologists and/or counsellors.
• Experience in managing electronic notes, files and correspondence.
• The ability to work flexibly and adapt as needed.
• Enjoy working in a team environment and working collaboratively with other agencies.
• Able to engage with and support young people in making decisions that will impact on their lives.
The successful applicant will also require:
• Working with Children’s Check
• Police Check
Please note that rates of pay for this role are in line with the Health Professionals and Support Service Award 2010.
About the Organisation
KYDS Youth Development Service Inc. is an independent, for purpose, registered charity. KYDS provides free and confidential counselling and mental health support on an individual basis for 12 to 18 year old young people in Northern Sydney. We provide support to parents as well as family counselling, where the young person and his/her counsellor feel this is appropriate, and deliver a range of early intervention mental health and well-being activities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 94160900
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.