About the Role
– Join Australia’s number 1 University
– Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $79,910 – $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas. University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region. To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
The Advancement Researcher plays a significant role in helping the University to identify and understand individuals, corporations and foundations possessing a capacity and willingness to support the University during the critical Campaign period.
The role requires a specialised, sensitive and results-oriented professional, capable of contributing to the achievement of the fundraising and advancement goals of the whole institution. As Advancement Researcher, you will be responsible for gathering, analysing and synthesizing large amounts of public financial and biographical information about prospective donors and prominent alumni into concise background reports, profiles and other materials to support senior staff in the execution of the University’s fundraising and alumni relations activities. You will also be responsible for developing the data held on the Advance system into a comprehensive record of information about a wide range of the University’s key stakeholders and client groups in the community as well as the contacts, relationships and transactions between the University and those groups.
This full-time position is available for 12 months.
– A relevant tertiary degree and subsequent relevant experience.
– Familiarity with a broad range of electronic resources, including web search engines and directories; and public and commercial research tools, offering biographical, professional, corporate, financial, current affairs and other information.
– Initiative, sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information on alumni and donors; understanding when to seek counsel of more senior staff.
– Strong analytic and interpretive skills, and attention to detail with an understanding of the importance of objectivity in prospect research, evaluation and rating.
– Strong, project and results-focused organisation skills, including the ability to manage tasks and requests with competing deadlines.
– Outstanding written communication skills, including the ability to draft clear, concise and authoritative reports and analyses and experience in preparing such reports for senior staff. – Understanding of fundraising concepts and issues including: prospect management, research and tracking terminology and techniques; the fundraising “cycle”; giving instruments; annual, major, planned and campaign giving; and current trends in philanthropy.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 26 Mar 2018
To view the Position Description and to apply, please visit: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/894272/advancement-researcher
About the Organisation
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Enquired only to: Edwina Kenrick
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: ADVANCEMENT RESEARCHER via Pro Bono Australia.