About the Role
Appeals & Future Planning Manager
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Belrose, on Sydney’s leafy northern beaches
As Appeals & Future Planning Manager, you will be integral to the success of our services by delivering on the Fundraising Team’s Purpose: To inspire and involve Australians to help people with a disability live a great life, not an ordinary one. This role is primarily involved in driving donations by delivering quarterly fundraising appeals (in large part by direct marketing, also through solicitation of major gifts) and generating gifts in Wills.
You’ll recognise the right of people with disabilities to inclusion, participation and self-determination, and your personal values will align with those of House with No Steps (HWNS) and will be demonstrated on a daily basis.
The position also has responsibility to manage and mentor the Fundraising Officer (FO) in these portfolios (the FO works 60% within Appeals and Future Planning, the remaining 40% across Community Fundraising, Corporate Volunteering, and Events).
To be considered for this role, applicants are asked to address the selection criteria listed below in their application letter – resumes only will not be accepted.
• Experience in the fundraising industry, including sound knowledge of fundraising practices
that maximise results
• A self-motivated and committed professional, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a genuinely inclusive collaborative approach
• Excellent organisation, time management and financial skills, and a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills including ability to present to others, and to inspire and motivate donors and stakeholders
• Confident working with a high level of autonomy, reporting and delivering on budget
• Demonstrated management, mentoring and training of direct report(s) for their growth and development
• Well-developed people skills, including the ability to work cooperatively with other team members
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve financial targets and outcomes
• Clear understanding on the importance of donor stewardship
• Sensitivity to the issues associated with the provision of human services in the non-government/ ‘for purpose’ sector
• Ability to show initiative and achieve objectives
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience working with a donor or CRM database (preferably Raiser’s Edge)
• Adherence to HWNS Code of Conduct at all times
• A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience
• Experience in a similar role (or roles), including donor engagement, direct marketing and digital campaigns, major giving and future planning (Bequests)
• Experience dealing with people with a disability
• Current driver’s license
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Appeals & Future Planning Manager – Belrose, NSW via Pro Bono Australia.