About the Role
The Residential Care Rights Inc. T/A Elder Rights Advocacy consists of eight (8) members of the association. There are currently two (2) vacancies on our board for persons with skills in financial management, quality/continuous improvement, marketing and communications and/or legal services.
In assessing the application to the Elder Rights Advocacy Board, the Board will consider the following:
* The applicant’s skills, experience and knowledge in relation to financial knowledge, quality/continuous improvement, marketing and communications and/or legal services.
* Connection to, and knowledge of local, Victorian and Commonwealth aged care and community services and ageing issues as they apply to older people in VIC
* Relatively equal gender representation should be sought for the board to reflect gender diversity in the local community and given that gender diversity has been positively correlated with performance.
* Where possible, cultural diversity on the Elder Rights Advocacy board will be reflective of the cultural diversity in the local community, for example, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island representation and/or people with a culturally and linguistically diverse background. Applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds will be favourably viewed
* Some age diversity is sought among directors to bring different generational perspectives to the board’s deliberations.
Please see the position description for application details which close on April 5th 2018
About the Organisation
ERA also assists carers and family members who represent the interests of aged care recipients, as well as people who have been assessed as eligible for an Australian Government funded aged care service. We provide a unique service to individuals through our model of advocacy that focuses on helping older people (or their representatives) to understand and exercise their rights, and to have those rights respected in the delivery of their care services. ERA’s service is free and confidential, with a focus on a positive outcome for the resident or community care recipient, including participation and choice in care planning.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0418364968
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Member Position via Pro Bono Australia.