About the Role
Benefits and Culture
- Values driven, fast paced environment in a newly merged charitable entity
- Located in North Sydney, close to public transport
- Flexible working hours available
This newly created role will build long term relationships with current and prospective donors working towards achieving fundraising goals. The role will also include developing and implementing a gifts in wills program, along with the preparation of related collateral and relevant communications.
- Manage prospects via the CRM, from identification through to stewardship
- Plan annual budgets and monitor performance in relation to targets
- Determine the appropriate approach for individual prospects
- Prepare written donor correspondence and cases for support
You will be adept at developing and maintaining either philanthropic or commercial relationships with stakeholders and motivated potential donors or clients. You have a track record in harnessing support and exceptional presentation and communication skills, along with the ability to think strategically, negotiating the best outcomes.
Your experience will also include;
- Developing relationships and identifying opportunities from previous engagement activity
- Effective monitoring of prospects, including acknowledgement, recognition and retention
- Managing successful income raising strategies
- Work to targets and implement new strategies for the sustainability of the organisation
- Ability to work within and contribute to the mission and values of MMI
About the Organisation
Mary MacKillop International (MMI) is an ACFID accredited overseas community development organisation of the Sisters of St Joseph. Through self- determination MMI transforms lives via providing access to education and the learning of practical life skills within disadvantaged communities across the world.
Just as Mary MacKillop did over a century ago MMI helps the poorest of the poor regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender. MMI directly implements programs through their office in Timor-Leste as well as through partnerships in Peru, PNG and Fiji. MMI is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas they work around the world.
Due to an up-coming organisational restructure, three charities under the umbrella of the Sisters of St Joseph are merging into one entity, intensifying the impact of each charitable organisation.
Working to their values of Faith, Courage, Accountability, Respectfulness and Excellence, the new entity will provide a broader range of services such as scholarships to Indigenous Australians and the provision of low and no interest loans across rural Australia.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development - Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.