About the Role
Key Result Areas
• Assist development and supervise implementation of a strategy to build a prominent, highly valued and sustainable not-for-profit (NFP) brand and reputation for WV that encompasses all current and prospective services
• Manage WV staff and operations in a cost-efficient, effective manner
• Develop and oversee implementation of an annual income generation and funding program designed to cover the costs of all current operations and sustain growth
• Develop and oversee implementation of an annual budget designed to deliver all services and an operating surplus
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders, particularly the Victorian Government and its agencies; WV volunteers, members and support network; professional associations and NFP’s with interests similar to WV; philanthropic trusts, sponsors and individual funders
• Demonstrate leadership; significant influencing skills; strong relationship-building; and advanced understanding of matters impacting native animal welfare
• Extensive government; WV volunteer network; NFP; corporate; philanthropic trust; community and media contacts to ensure WV’s financial and operational sustainability
• Close working relationship with the WV Board of Management to ensure effective implementation of strategy and sustainable growth
• Tertiary qualifications in economics, accounting, science or law desirable
Skills and Abilities (Individuals capabilities, include level of proficiency)
• Considerable experience in Australia and/or internationally:
• Working with Boards of Management of public, private or NFP organisations
• Building and managing high performing teams, preferably in animal welfare, environmental or associated sectors
• Building and maintaining high profile brands for public, private or NFP organisations
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with governments and their agencies; funding providers; community groups; and media
• Managing and implementing effective fundraising programs
• Developing and working to an annual budget designed to deliver an operating surplus
• Demonstrating excellent written and oral communications skills
About the Organisation
Our vision is to live in a community that cares about the welfare of Australian wildlife.
Wildlife Victoria provides a vital link for the community between distressed Australian wildlife and the appropriate response and care needed. We utilise our technology, experience and knowledge, together with positive collaborations to advocate for better wildlife welfare and educate the community about how to successfully co-exist with these iconic creatures.
Who are we
Every year thousands of native animals become sick, injured or orphaned as a direct result of human activity. If left, these animals may suffer and die in pain or of starvation. Wildlife Victoria focuses on responding to the community need to have someone to talk to when a native animal is found in distress. This is done by providing an emergency response service through our number 03 8400 7300 and directly on-line, for injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. This professional service not only finds solutions to situations but also educates many callers on the habits and behaviours of our wildlife where intervention is not warranted.
Wildlife Victoria provides an essential service to the people of Victoria on behalf of the State that reassures concerned members of the public that our wildlife in need of care are provided with the most appropriate management. Where wildlife are rescued effectively, euthanised humanely when necessary, rehabilitated where possible, and released appropriately.
Last year Wildlife Victoria received 80,000 reports of wildlife in need, providing advice for many and calling on our network of over 1,500 dedicated volunteers to attend and assist over 43,528 different animals.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Board of Management
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.