About the Role
• Exciting opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic global NGO that mobilises individuals and organisations to end world hunger
• Perfect role for a creative thinker and writer, who has proven experience in using communications and partnerships to spark and keep alive connection between people and organisations
Role & Responsibilities:
This dynamic role comprises online, email and social media marketing and communications, marketing analytics, partnerships and relationship management, campaign management and delivery, and fundraising responsibilities. THPA is in an exciting growth phase and is focused on raising its brand profile, partnerships opportunities and fundraising in Australia. You will be working closely with the Head of Communications and Partnerships to raise the profile and awareness of THPA and our partners, increase investor engagement, and ultimately increase fundraising.
A key focus of this role is to plan and execute integrated communications and fundraising campaigns (atabletoendhunger.org.au and unleashedwomen.org.au) that engage current investors and supporters and attract new ones (especially in the <$5,000 bracket), and engage and attract corporate partners.
THPA’s website, videos, social media and other communications materials are integral to the success of these campaigns. As such, the person in this role will be responsible for creating, producing and managing content and collateral together with the Head of Communications and Partnerships, and the Fundraising Team.
The role will also support our partnerships at all levels, working with our partners to effectively and accurately communicate their support of The Hunger Project. This includes managing relationships so our partners feel connected to our mission.
• A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in a communications or marketing-related field
• Minimum 3 years of communications, marketing and/or partnerships experience
• Demonstrated experience in creative thinking and writing
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience with online, email and social media marketing
• Demonstrated experience designing, planning and executing communications campaigns and improving communications systems and processes
• Exceptional analytic experience with an ability to apply insights to live campaigns for continuous improvement
• PR experience and excellent oral and written communications skills
• Exceptional project management skills
• Experience in relationship management, especially with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• Experience managing website content and maintenance using WordPress, and using Google Analytics to track website metrics
• Experience using Mailchimp or similar for EDMs
• Basic skills in Photoshop/InDesign/Canva and video editing (imovie) desirable
• Ability to manage budgets
• Creative and innovative thinker, enthusiastic, energetic, personable and adaptable
• Desires to constantly grow, develop and unleash your leadership potential
• Ability to perform under pressure and take initiative to meet deadlines
• A true team player and also have the ability to work autonomously
• Passionate about online/digital/social media marketing and learning, keeping abreast of the latest developments in the digital and social media marketing world
• Values-driven and honest
• Exceptional communication, story-telling and attention-to-detail skills
• Have a professional attitude and are able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines
• Skilled multi-tasker and project manager
• Up for whatever it takes to end hunger
NB: This is a 12-month maternity leave contract.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
The Hunger Project
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications & Partnerships Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.