About the Role
Two Family Violence Cultural and Therapeutic Group Worker positions have been created to facilitate activity based group programs with Aboriginal parents and groups with children and siblings who are at risk of entering care due to family violence or are currently in out-of-home care due to family violence.
The position will:
- Deliver targeted skills support to parents so they can sustain a safe and healing environment and create safe, positive and healthy relationships for their family
- Deliver positive and age-appropriate group programs for Aboriginal children to engage and to heal their understanding of their parents, family and history
- Facilitate healing camps with families
This position will be central to shaping and designing culturally sound and strong group programs for parents and children.
There is a strong component of action research throughout the program in order to build an evidence base of best practice for working with Aboriginal families. Collaborative working and proactive sharing of the lessons learned is essential to this role.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA
considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is 12th March but we are interviewing now ! Don't leave it till the last minute, you will miss out on an awesome job and great team to work with!
For more information regarding this position and a great career opporuntity with VACCA where you can make that difference. Please send your application through or contact Elizabeth at (03) 9287 8838.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria, including short examples demonstrating your proficiency for each criteria.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code:
Applications close 12 March 2018
Please quote in application: Group Worker – Family Violence Team via Pro Bono Australia.