About the Role
About the role
The purpose of the Marketing & Communications Manager role is to lead the development of the marketing and communications programs to support the achievement of the CBAA’s strategic priorities.
The role primarily works with the Senior Manager Stakeholder Engagement, Engagement team, Executive team, internal staff and external contacts such as service providers, media and other sector stakeholders.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Senior Manager Stakeholder Engagement to develop the overall strategic brand framework for CBAA.
- Lead, develop and implement the brand and digital strategy to target audiences.
- Develop and oversee communication ensuring communication is in line with marketing strategy.
- Provide coaching and tools to stakeholders regarding effective communication methodologies to achieve maximum client impact and engagement.
- Building relationships between the marketing and other divisions and ensuring the business units receive adequate marketing support.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media, answering media inquiries and conducting proactive media outreach.
- Lead the campaign management process from strategic planning, development, execution and delivery including development and distribution of all communication including but not limited to: messages, creative, content and collateral to support multi-channel campaigns.
- Employ project management principles to ensure all aspects of the marketing and communications framework are implemented efficiently and succinctly to improve the entire operating effectiveness across the organisation.
- Report to the organisation and the Senior Manager Stakeholder Engagement in relation to Marketing and Communications.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Degree in Marketing, Communications
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with exceptional presentation skills
- Experience within the not-for-profit, community based or membership-based organisations
- Superior relationship management
- Excellent strategic thinking, creativity and ability to problem solve
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience in project planning
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
- Results focus with superior decision-making ability
- Ability to drive change across an organisation
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to provide and maintain quality service and portray a professional image on behalf of CBAA at all times
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in the functionality and usage of databases.
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis
- Ability to work outside of core hours and attend events or forums
- Familiarity with community broadcasting operation and issues in Australia e.g. diversity of community broadcasting landscape including radio and television and their rural and remote demographics
About the Organisation
The CBAA is a non-profit national peak body and lead representative organisation for community broadcasting services around Australia. In this role, you will lead the development of the CBAA’s marketing and communications framework, PR and campaign management to support the CBAA’s role in championing community radio, building station capability and sustainability and creating a healthy environment for the sector to thrive.
- Perfect for marketing and communications pros with an interest or experience in not-for-profit, membership, community radio, community services, and media sectors.
- Broad role offers opportunity to utilise knowledge and skills across different areas of marketing and communications practice.
About community broadcasting
Community broadcasting is a key pillar in the Australian media landscape, and recognised internationally as one of the most successful examples of grassroots media. Over 5 million people tune in to 450+ not-for-profit, community-owned and operated radio services operating across the country each week. Stations play an important role in providing a voice for communities that aren’t adequately serviced by other broadcasting sectors and provide programming that caters to the needs and interest groups of their communities.
Watch 'This is Community Radio'- here
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293102999
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing & Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.