About the Role
Reporting to the CEO and Shelter Network Manager, this new role will support the development and rapid growth of the organisation through the sound day-to-day management of all back-office functions. This includes financial controls, accounting processes, ICT, training, administration, workplace management and human resources. Specifically:
• Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the organisation including all IT
• Responsibility for accounting including analysis and reporting of financial performance, P&L and balance sheet and management of audit processes
• Oversight of finance processes, payroll, IT services and HR systems
• Strong, writing and communication skills
• Experience with CRM databases, preferably e-Tapestry.
You have performed a similar role. You are dedicated to the principles of WCS in protecting women and children. You enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial and committed not-for-profit team. You are innovative but equipped to provide practical support to the WCS CEO and her team and will have the following skills:
• Qualifications in accounting, finance or book-keeping
• Substantial knowledge of and experience in management and finance reporting, budgeting, accounting principles and practices
• Operational experience preferred but may suit an accountant looking to broaden their career
• A self-starter experienced in leading a small team and organising staff development
• Operationally nimble and a sleeves-rolled-up problem solver
• Flexible, inclusive and responsive working style
About the Organisation
Women's Community Shelters is a social franchise that works with communities to establish shelters to provide short term emergency accommodation, intensive support and casework to homeless women and children. WCS currently operates four shelters at Hornsby, The HIlls, Manly and the Great Lakes. Two more shelters will open by the end of 2017 and a further two by the end of 2018. The organisation is going through an intensive growth phase. WCS is funded by the NSW Government and a number of leading corporate and individual philanthropists.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0432630359
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Office Manager – Women’s Community Shelters via Pro Bono Australia.