About the Role
FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
Operations / Development and Outreach Departments
Applications open until position filled.
1. Act as the local Finance representative and assist with the implementation of Finance policies locally;
2. Manage the bank accounts and cash flows;
3. Assist the Senior Associate Director in establishing and monitoring the office budget;
4. Record all monthly financial activity into the organization’s financial system;
5. Process financial transactions, including payroll, pensions, monthly bill payments, expense reimbursements and disbursements;
6. Run internal and external financial reports;
7. Process and track expenditures and revenue transactions;
8. Work with financial service vendors such as auditors, accountants and governmental tax offices;
9. Prepare audit files;
10. Prepare quarterly and annual financial management reports for the Board;
11. Review GST processing and allocations for accuracy;
12. Oversee all state and federal compliance with charities regulators;
13. Assist the Senior Associate Director in handling issues in relation to HRW’s legal, branch and charitable status;
14. Work in conjunction with the Senior Associate Director to develop strategic plans for Operations; and
15. Assist the Associate Director in developing internal procedures and protocols to streamline the Operations work.
1. Act as the local HR representative and assist with the implementation of HR policies locally;
2. Respond to staff on general HR queries;
3. Maintain a good understanding and working knowledge of and compliance with local employment laws;
4. Assist with the recruitment, on-boarding and departure of local staff, fellows, consultants, interns, and volunteers;
5. Administer local staff contracts, extension, terminations, exit checklists and translations;
6. Administer and process local employee payroll, pensions, health benefits and insurance;
7. Assist with updating the local Employee handbook with changes in local laws;
8. Liaise and assist HR staff in headquarters with legal and HR audit issues locally.
9. Liaise with local government offices, insurance and pension providers and other HR service providers;
10. Research and assist with immigration, visas and relocation of employees;
11. Maintain a unified filing system and attendance management database; and
12. Assist in onboarding and training new operations staff.
1. Maintain the smooth and effective functioning of the office;
2. Handle general office maintenance and facilities issues;
3. Liaise with the landlord on issues relating to the premises;
4. Engage suppliers and providers and negotiate commercial and services contracts in a cost-effective manner;
5. Oversee office moves, configuration and space sourcing;
6. Assist with travel arrangements and follow-up;
7. Answer general post, email and telephone enquiries;
8. Coordinate office social events and related logistics;
9. Maintain office security and protocols;
10. Ensure office safety standards are in compliance with local regulations;
11. Assist the Senior Associate Director in organizing operations meetings and events for the team;
12. Assist the Senior Associate Director with the development and implementation of global projects within the team; and
13. Collaborate with the Senior Associate Director to develop tools to improve the workflow and the information sharing within the team.
1. Liaise with IT/helpdesk to troubleshoot computer problems and back up and update network files as necessary; and
2. Liaise with IT or local phone service and internet provider to troubleshoot phone and internet problems.
DEVELOPMENT AND OUTREACH
1. Assist with the organization and coordination of logistics for events in Australia;
2. Maintain HRW’s Raiser’s Edge database by updating records and information, generating financial reports, lists and queries, and overseeing data entry for special events;
3. Assist with gift processing, including acknowledgment and tax letters;
4. Assist with the administration of major gifts prospects and undertaking prospect research; and
5. Oversee reporting of gifts received in line with Australian law.
Perform other responsibilities as may be required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in finance, accounting, bookkeeping, business administration, nonprofit management, human resources or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of three years of finance experience, preferably in a global organization, is required. Experience in accounting, bookkeeping, nonprofit management, and/or human resources is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Strong organizational, administrative, analytical, and financial skills are required.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, high energy, and attention to detail are required.
3. Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in multiple locations globally are required.
4. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously and working effectively toward deadlines are required.
5. Proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving is required.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; proficiency in additional languages is advantageous.
7. Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications is required.
8. Good judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
9. Experience with finance, human resources or development databases is desirable.
10. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a team of talented professionals in multiple global locations is highly desirable.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current Australian work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9221 9422
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Officer Operations / Development and Outreach via Pro Bono Australia.