About the Role
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. The RCH Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader, tackling some of the world’s biggest health issues, and the Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist – in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment and patient and family-centred care.
The Officer, Supporter Relations assists in building supporter relationships by providing prompt, friendly and efficient services when responding to donor mail, phone, email and online enquiries. Key tasks include supporter assistance, complaint handling and data entry, ensuring that donations are processed with a high level of accuracy in a timely manner and supporter queries are addressed. The role works closely with the wider Fundraising and Finance teams, as well as regularly collaborating with staff across the Organisation.
Why work at the RCH Foundation
- The opportunity to work in outstanding facilities for one of the world’s best children’s hospitals, alongside some of the greatest medical minds
- The chance to be part of a fantastic and flexible team culture
- Access to many food and beverage options on site, a 24 hour gym, hairdresser, massage therapist and supermarket. We are also surrounded by the beautiful Royal Park and just a short tram trip to the Melbourne CBD
- Learning and career development opportunities to help you grow the role and your career.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated commitment to the RCH Foundation’s vision and values and a working style that reflects these
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong customer/supporter relationships
- Demonstrated experience in the management of data and attention to detail in transaction processing with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent inter-personal and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds. Good written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and a proactive work attitude
- Ability to work within a team structure and to take responsibility for the completion and delivery of tasks
- Computer literacy including experience in using a customer relationship management database, as well as word processing, email and spreadsheet applications
- Experience with Salesforce software
- Knowledge of OH&S and risk assessment procedures and requirements
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with volunteers
About the Organisation
Founded in 1989, the RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. The Foundation has the vital role of raising and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation the Foundation works closely with the RCH and its Campus Partners (MCRI and UoM) in achieving its vision. The people of Victoria love the RCH and in giving to the Foundation, whether through linked fundraising appeals like the Good Friday Appeal or Auxiliaries in their community, they feel a great ownership. As a result of this ownership and the fact that the Foundation is therefore a custodian of these donated funds, the Foundation takes seriously its role for and on behalf of those donors.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader tackling some of the world's biggest health issues, and the RCH Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence, and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment, and patient and family centred care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 5140
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Officer, Supporter Relations via Pro Bono Australia.