About the Role
- Exciting opportunity to provide operational management and leadership
- Fantastic benefits – fortnightly Accrued Day Off and salary packaging
- Based in Bankstown – close to public transport
This is your opportunity to provide operational management and leadership to the multicultural child and family permanency care program as it builds on how the services support children achieve their permanency care goals whether that is restoration, guardianship, adoption or long term foster care.
Your role will include responsibility to:
- Oversee the program delivery and development in Sydney and the Hunter area
- Contribute to and lead collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners such as FACS and other government, non-government, ethnic and other local community organisations, to respond to reform initiatives or improve services
- Facilitate the implementation of practice and governance frameworks which influence improved outcomes for children, young people, families and communities
- Champion and effectively manage best practice in relation to meeting children’s permanency needs, including leading culturally responsive care
- Supervise, mentor and coach Manager Casework and Team Leaders to deliver effective child focused casework and case management outcomes and embed a high performance culture across teams
- Monitor and report on outcomes
Do you have a Social Work, Social Science degree or similar and want to work for an organisation that values the impact of culture and diversity on our employees and those that we support? Are you knowledgeable on Children’s Court proceedings? Are you across current reforms such as the Permanency Support Program and Their Futures Matters? And are you aware of the practice and program challenges we may face in delivering services that address the permanency principles?
We are looking for an inspiring leader; someone who is engaging, works collaboratively with government agencies as well as practitioners, carers, parents and children and has a capacity and commitment to monitoring, outcomes reporting and continuous improvement. You will have previous operational management experience in child and family services and be able to demonstrate your capacity building abilities. We want someone who can manage a crisis in a positive way and passionately believes in ensuring stability for children and young people.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability. We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: Monday 26th March 2017
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of humanitarian settlement, accommodation, asylum seeker assistance, foster care and disability support in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
ABOUT OUT OF HOME CARE
SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model of foster care for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) aged 0–18 years. Staff and bilingual support workers work closely with Family and Community Services (FACS), schools, health, community, ethnic and religious organisations, religious organisations, other relevant services, foster carers and birth families to support children and young people while they are in care.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.