About the Role
- Do you love relationship building and strategic fundraising?
- Use your strong fundraising and project coordination skills to make a difference
- Join a dedicated team in a great North Sydney location
- Permanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a passionate organisation that truly enhances the lives of people through education. As the Philanthropy Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in building Mary MacKillop International’s relationships with current and prospective donors in support of strategic fundraising goals. Reporting to the Supporter Relations Team Leader, the Philanthropy Coordinator has responsibility for ensuring a strong program of leadership annual gifts (i.e. annual philanthropic donations of at least $1,000 in value) and gifts in wills (bequests). The Philanthropy Coordinator will also assist the Supporter Relations Team Leader with cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts (i.e. philanthropic donations of at least $10,000 in value).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage a portfolio of 80-100 prospects and donors through all phases: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to maximise philanthropic income for Mary MacKillop International
- Monitor and track contact with donors and prospects to ensure timely and purposeful supporter engagement. Record information on contact management database, ThankQ, in a consistent fashion
Gifts in Wills
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of the Gifts in Wills (bequest) program
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of Mary MacKillop International
- Previous experience of relationship management with key stakeholders, with a proven track record of success
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, with experience with a significant relationship management component, in a fundraising environment
- Demonstrated fundraising experience, particularly in the areas of personalised solicitation of leadership annual gifts ($1,000 plus), philanthropic grants and bequests
- Demonstrated experience implementing income raising strategies and a proven track record of delivery against income targets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exemplary communication skills including negotiating skills and the ability to write and speak persuasively to make a compelling case for support
- A proven understanding of how to work collaboratively and constructively within a team and with volunteers such as Board members
This position is a permanent, full-time role based in North Sydney, and reports to the Supporter Relations Group Leader of Mary MacKillop International. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive values- driven culture.
About the Organisation
Mary MacKillop International seeks to transform lives for self-determination through access to education and the learning of practical life skills with communities across the world.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8912 2777
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.