About the Role
- Salary packaging options – increase take home pay!
- Fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff
- Full time but will consider part time (8 days per fortnight) for the right candidate
This is a client-centred role where you will work in partnership with teams to improve client outcomes by implementing organisational program initiatives and providing practice advice and support.
- Utilise your casework skills and knowledge of casework practice in child protection and OOHC to build capacity across the program
- Develop and lead the implementation of organisational practice related initiatives across the OOHC program including preservation and restoration programs
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff, to deliver effective child focused casework and case management outcomes and embed a high performance culture across teams
- Work closely with the SSI People and Culture team to review and implement a fit for purpose Learning and Development Program that includes induction, refresher training and practice improvement and development
- Support the quality assurance processes to prepare for and participate in accreditation and review processes
Do you have a Social Work or Social Science degree and want to work for an organisation that values the impact of culture and diversity on our employees and those that we support? Do you have comprehensive experience in casework practice and child protection and have a strong understanding of permanency principles and trauma informed practice? Perhaps you’ve facilitated child protection training or you’d like to in the future?
We are looking for someone with vision; someone who is engaging, focused on continuous improvement, works collaboratively with others and is an expert in their field. You will have previous coaching or mentoring experience and be able to demonstrate your capacity building abilities. We want someone who inspires others, leads change and can stay focused on purpose.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please address the “selection criteria” in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance. This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options!
SSI is committed to being an EEO employer and encourages applications from people from CALD backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
For more information about SSI, please go to www.ssi.org.au
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 26th March 2017
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model of foster care for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) aged 0–18 years. Staff work closely with community organisations and leaders, women’s groups, religious organisations, schools and other relevant services to support foster carers, birth families, and children in care. Wherever possible, SSI supports children to remain connected with their culture, religion and language, an approach that has been shown to lead to better outcomes for children.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Practice Manager via Pro Bono Australia.