About the Role
You’ll bring your proven track record in Business Development and execution and your top notch influencing skills to a role that has direct responsibility for generating revenue (via buyer membership fees and renewals), and unlocking social impact through excellent client servicing.
This is a hugely exciting role for an experienced and values-aligned individual. If you are a natural networker; comfortable working with senior levels of large corporates and government, if you are adept at nurturing relationships through to closing a sale; and you are passionate about working actively with existing customers to unlock value in the relationship, then we’d love to meet you.
Together we want to grow the proportion of Australia’s $600 billion annual procurement spend going to social enterprises that are generating social impact for disadvantaged Australians.
1. Develop, maintain and grow the corporate and government buyer member pool in order to drive procurement opportunities for certified social enterprises.
2. Maximise spend by buyer members with certified social enterprises by building awareness and engagement amongst buyer members, facilitating matches and identifying procurement opportunities
3. Grow ST revenue through buyer memberships and potential add-on buyer services
4. Maximise buyer member retention by providing them with an excellent service so that they use and renew their membership and promote Social Traders across their networks
5. Identify and enable deals between buyer members and social enterprises that will create a significant increase in work opportunities for employment generating social enterprises.
Skills & experience (key selection criteria):
• Essential: Demonstrated experience delivering a service in a complex environment and consistently meeting the requirements of the customer.
• Essential: Highly developed relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong sales and customer service orientation.
• Highly regarded: Significant relevant experience working in or with corporate Australia or government. Proven track record in meeting and exceeding financial targets and strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to network with purpose – identifying opportunities for collaboration that will benefit the work of Social Traders.
• Good understanding of social enterprise and the benefits they deliver.
• Demonstrated commitment to social change and the mission and values of Social Traders.
Tertiary qualification in relevant business discipline preferred.
Excellent communication skills, commercial acumen, self-driven and innovative mindset, team player.
Other role requirements:
• Availability for interstate travel
• The right to live and work in Australia
About the Organisation
Social Traders exists to create jobs for disadvantaged Australians by linking business and government to social enterprises.
By 2021, Social Traders goal is to generate 1,500 jobs for disadvantaged Australians.
To do this we will create a community of 95 buyer members and 600 certified social enterprise suppliers and facilitate $105 million in procurement spend.
We do this because we believe buying from social enterprise represents the greatest untapped potential in generating positive, sustainable social impact in Australia.
By adopting a more purposeful approach, business and government have the power to create real change and bring disadvantaged people into the labour market; whether they’re young people, people with a disability, the long term unemployed or recently arrived migrants and refugees.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Please quote in application: Principal – Buyer Services via Pro Bono Australia.