About the role
Multiple roles on offer
- Position: Senior Project Officer / Project Officer
- Status: Full Time / Part Time
- Location: Preston
Overall these positions will lead a diverse range of projects to enhance service practice and support the organisation to develop innovative, culturally responsive programs and policy to meet the needs of vulnerable Aboriginal children and families.
Senior Project Officer / Project Officer x 2:
- This position will prepare high-level written material such as policies, submissions, project plans, reports and other documentation as required.
Project Coordinator / Project Officer x 1:
- This position will coordinate VACCA’s outcome project
Project Officer x 1:
- This position will focus on service development and
implementation of a new youth justice program
These roles will be responsible for:
- Develop, implement and manage projects to enhance the capacity of the organisation to deliver quality, culturally responsive programs.
- Analyse and review data to inform decision-making and program and organisational decisions.
- Develop program resources such as program manuals, practice and data collection tools to support client services to deliver programs.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An understanding and awareness of the issues experienced by Aboriginal children and families and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- Experience in leading and managing teams.
- Experience working in the child and family sector or other relevant field.
- Proven experience in service planning, including monitoring, analysing data and the evaluation of programs.
About the organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officers via Pro Bono Australia.