About the Role
In this role, you will provide strategic direction and leadership across all business development, champion income generation and develop a CBAA strategy for this, and work closely with senior colleagues on delivery and ensuring income generation is in line with the CBAA’s mission. You will be a key driver in increasing revenue that will be used to fund services which support community radio.
The purpose of the Senior Manager, Business Development role is to identify and pursue opportunities to support CBAA’s strategic business growth. This will be achieved by working with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Executive team, internal and external contacts such as members, partners, the community, industry associations and internal staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement the Business Development strategy across CBAA.
- Identify opportunities to significantly generate a new approach to support CBAA’s strategic business growth by promoting CBAA’s services and solutions to increase funds and boost revenue.
- Build external partnerships and alliances, including sourcing new funding opportunities from government, trusts, foundations and individual giving, along with growing corporate sponsorship and partnerships.
- Forge long-term mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders to be effective in acquiring support for CBAA’s future sustainability.
- Represent CBAA at events as necessary, growing appropriate strategic partnerships, networks and industry contacts.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Degree in Sales & / Business, and / or relevant equivalent work experience.
- Experience within the Not-for-Profit community/membership based organisations or community broadcasting.
- Expertise in developing and implementing successful business development strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with managing a grants program including: strategy, application submission, and cultivating relationships with government, trusts, and foundations.
- Superior stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with exceptional presentation skills.
- Exceptional sales acumen.
- Working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis.
- Ability to work outside of core hours and attend events or forums, some travel required.
- Familiarity with community broadcasting operation and issues in Australia e.g. diversity of community broadcasting landscape including radio and television and their rural and remote demographics (desirable).
About the Organisation
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a non-profit national peak body and lead representative organisation for community broadcasting services around Australia. Support the peak body for Australia’s largest independent media sector by developing strategic relationships, identifying opportunities and pursuing those which contribute to diversifying and increasing the CBAA’s revenue.
About community broadcasting
Community broadcasting is a key pillar in the Australian media landscape, and recognised internationally as one of the most successful examples of grassroots media. Over 5 million people tune in to 450+ not-for-profit, community-owned and operated radio services operating across the country each week. Stations play an important role in providing a voice for communities that aren’t adequately serviced by other broadcasting sectors and provide programming that caters to the needs and interest groups of their communities.
Find out more – watch ‘This Is Community Radio’.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9310 2999
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager-Business Development via Pro Bono Australia.