About the Role
Are you passionate about advancing the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children? Do you want to be part of a high-performing team with a National profile?
SNAICC – National Voice for Our Children, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, is seeking an experienced and tertiary qualified Senior Policy and Research Officer. In this role you will provide high-level evidence informed policy analysis of issues relating to SNAICC’s objectives and the rights and needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children. You will work alongside and support SNAICC’s national Board and Council of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders to achieve SNAICC’s vision of “an Australian society in which the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families are protected, our communities are empowered to determine their own futures, and our cultural identity is valued.”
This challenging role includes:
– researching and drafting papers, briefings, submissions and resources
– providing secretariat support to high-level national working groups and committees
– project management of significant national policy and research projects
– consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders, service sectors and community representatives
This opportunity is ideal for exceptional individuals with demonstrated experience in policy and research, an in depth understanding of issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, and strong commitment to their rights, needs and aspirations.
About the Organisation
SNAICC is governed by a Board of Directors of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders from the early years, child safety, development and well-being sectors.
SNAICC provides key roles on behalf of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families including:
- Research and policy development, with high-level leadership, policy papers and sector representation
- Training and resource design, development and delivery including topics such as early childhood development, family violence, partnerships, family support, trauma and cultural competency
- Resource development, communications and publications
- Support for sector development, membership and networking
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications must include:
- A brief cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position
- Written responses to how you meet each of the Key Selection Criteria, including short examples demonstrating your proficiency for each criteria
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications, relevant to the SNAICC Senior Policy and Research Officer role
- Names and contact details for two or more recent referees
All applicants will be notified of the progress or outcome of their application. The successful applicant will be required to have or obtain a current Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
Please email applications and initial inquiries to: Katherine.Hinton@snaicc.org.au
For general information about SNAICC, visit the SNAICC website.
For specific questions about the role please contact:
John Burton, Social Policy and Research Manager on 03 9489 8099.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy and Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.