About the Role
The Counsellor Trauma Specialist will provide a service that is client-centred, non-judgemental, feminist, supportive and responsive.
The Counsellor Trauma Specialist’s core role will be to provide telephone and online counselling, advocate for clients, develop interagency clinical care networks and other supports to people affected by violence and to their supporters.
Additional activities of this role may include:
- Face to face trauma counselling;
- Behaviour change counselling;
- Consultancy counselling;
- Delivering external specialised training and professional development education to adults in a range of clinical, legal, corrections and welfare workplaces including universities, not-for-profit organisations, government bodies, and corporate clients.
This position of trust demands the highest levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and an awareness of multiple factors which will influence individual client’s responses to both the trauma and the counselling provided.
All Counsellor Trauma Specialists are Mandatory Reporters and are compelled by legislation to identify and respond to children and young people at risk of harm.
Sydney Inner West location with parking available
Salary and Benefits
R&DVSA believes that quality work deserves quality pay and as such we provide above award wages and conditions to our employees:
- Competitive hourly rate of $49.83 plus applicable penalty rates, superannuation and access to generous NFP tax concessions (specifically, a salary packaging scheme offering up to $15,899.94 of your salary tax free)
- Flexible working conditions (24/7 shifts)
- Currently there are permanent shifts available starting at 1500/1545 most weekdays
- Generous training and professional development opportunities • Five weeks annual leave
- Opportunities for career progression
Experienced counsellors choose to align their careers with R&DVSA because of our award winning multi-pronged approach to vicarious trauma. R&DVSA acknowledges vicarious trauma as a WHS hazard which results from interaction with trauma content. In response, we have developed a NSW WorkCover approach, tailored to each individual.
About the Organisation
Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia is committed to upholding the rights of all women to live in a socially just and equitable society and the right of all people to live free of violence. The organisation provides services nationally and internationally in the area of sexual assault, domestic and family violence. The organisation works with all stakeholders and in accordance with its vision, mission, principles and goals.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8585 0333
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trauma Specialist Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.