About the Role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Morwell
- Salary: $85,000-$90,000
The Aboriginal Practice Leader is a newly established practice leadership position in each Hub.
The Aboriginal Practice Leader will work in close partnership with the Hub Manager, Practice Leaders, the Aboriginal Hub Practitioner, the Service System Navigator and Team Leaders to lead high quality, culturally safe and effective responses to Aboriginal people seeking support and safety through the Hubs. Additionally, the Aboriginal Practice Leader will work to build and maintain effective partnerships with Aboriginal services and communities within the Hub Network to support choice for Aboriginal people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Strong contemporary knowledge of Aboriginal culture, aspirations and self-determination
- Expert knowledge and practice leadership roles within Aboriginal services
- Professional practice experience in family violence services, child and family services and or broader social services sector is essential
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organisations, government departments and community service organisations
- Works collaboratively to drive cultural change
This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated position, classified under Section 12 Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This employment opportunity is only available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Practice Leader (Morwell) via Pro Bono Australia.