About the Role
- Part time permanent position, flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- CEO is 2017 Telstra Business Woman of the Year
The Immigration Advice and Application Assistance Scheme (IAAAS) is funded by the Department of Home Affairs and provides professional migration advice and Protection visa application assistance to people who have arrived lawfully in Australia and meet specific eligibility criteria. SSI will contract manage the project and oversee a national network of seven experienced qualified legal agencies, in developing a performance framework, facilitating the delivery of services to clients through these agencies and take referrals for the scheme from across Australia.
Reporting to the Program Manager IAAAS the Administration Assistant will work closely with the Program Officer to take responsibility for:
- Supporting the IAAAS program with administrative tasks as allocated by the Program Manager and Program Officer
- Participate in intake procedures when assisting new clients
- Organise events for the network of subcontractors such as whole day meetings, telephone conferences, travel and associated accommodation
- Coordinate meetings and travel for program staff
- Assist and respond to referrals through the 1800 number and from agencies in the field
- Collect and compile client and KPI related data as required
- Ensure flow and accuracy of invoices from the agencies and prepare invoices for the Department of Home Affairs, reconciling the correct paper work as evidence with the funds claimed
- Prepare monthly reports for approval
This is an exciting opportunity to provide administration support to a small national program to ensure positive outcomes for disadvantaged people seeking immigration advice and assistance. Do you have solid administration experience and an understanding of refugee, asylum seeker and migrants’ needs? If so, this could be your next role!
We are looking for someone is confident and proactive with a commitment to Human Rights and principles of fairness and justice. Your ability to communicate effectively, work productively in a team, and juggle multiple tasks at the same time will be integral to your success in this role. We need someone with strong report writing skills, with exceptional attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet compliance requirements. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: Thursday 26th April 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administration Assistant – IAAAS via Pro Bono Australia.