About the Role
- Counselling and Education service promoting healthy relationships in Victoria
- Lead a new program that supports people with mental health issues
- Manage and support an enthusiastic team of mental health professionals
Reporting to the Manager of the South & East region, you will lead and supervise a small team to deliver an exciting new program – Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) which provides mental health counselling services and group psycho-education programs to low income earners and other vulnerable demographic groups.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Designing psychological treatment plans using evidence based best practice
- Mentoring and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Actively managing referrals and allocating cases appropriately
- Managing and monitoring client care
- Developing and evaluating curriculum for psycho-education programs
- Developing and promoting the API program
- Data collection and reporting for the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network
You are a Registered psychologist with tertiary qualifications in psychology and postgraduate studies in counselling or clinical practice.
As an experienced people manager you enjoy mentoring and motivating teams whilst also engaging in client case work.
You will have;
- Current AHPRA registration with the ability to supervise provisional psychologists
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of mental health clinicians
- Ability to professionally develop, coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated case work experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in group psycho-education or therapeutic programs .e.g. family violence and crisis intervention
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
About the Organisation
LifeWorks are a relationship counselling and education service provider who believe that every relationship is a thread, threads which are woven together to form the tapestry of our lives and are committed to supporting the most crucial threads through life’s challenges and transitions.
By offering a wide range of services to individuals, couples and families regardless of, gender, religious affiliation, race, cultural heritage, sexual orientation or economic circumstance, they are promoting healthy, respectful and fulfilling relationships within the Victorian community.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Co-ordinator Accessible Psychological Interventions via Pro Bono Australia.