About the Role
Full-time or part-time (0.8 FTE) applications welcomed; contract to August 2019
Opportunity to contribute to an innovative legal program
Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging, leave loading and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
The SAGE team
The SAGE team offers:
- intensive legal and family violence support
- case management and strong referral pathways
- ‘wraparound’ support with inclusion of additional services
- a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach to supporting women to engage with legal processes
The SAGE team includes the following personnel:
- Project Coordinator – part-time/4 days
- Community Lawyer – full-time (or part-time/4 days)
- Family Violence Advocate – full-time (or part-time/4 days)
- Intake and Administration Officer – part-time/2 days.
SAGE also has strong partnerships with services that provide additional specialist support.
As a key member of SAGE, the Community Lawyer will work within the SAGE team alongside the broader legal practice. The SAGE Community Lawyer will ideally have considerable experience in family violence, family law, child protection and generalist law and the ability to deliver a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach to supporting women to engage with legal processes.
You will hold an unrestricted Victorian Practising Certificate and demonstrated post-admission experience in a broad range of legal matters. You will be a compassionate person who respects people, their circumstances and decisions and take a holistic approach to your work, including co-case management. You are comfortable operating both autonomously and within a cohesive team, and have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple, competing demands. Specifically, you will have:
- an in-depth understanding of the social and gendered nature of domestic/family violence in the context of intimate partner violence
- experience working within a multi-disciplinary environment particularly within family violence
- an ability to maintain a balance between delivering legal services and working within a legal program model with specific objectives
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is full-time or part-time (0.8 FTE), based at ECLC’s Boronia location (and integrated outreach locations across Melbourne’s East) on a fixed term contract until August 2019 (with the possibility of extension). Attractive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on qualifications, skills and experience.
About the Organisation
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) responds to the legal and related needs of the communities across Melbourne's east, with a focus on those most vulnerable. Professional and innovative services are delivered from three offices and numerous outreach locations. ECLC has been selected by the Australian Government to implement a specialist family violence unit under the Women’s Safety Package (announced in September 2015). SAGE provides a unique model for providing legal and family violence support to women with increased vulnerability experiencing, or at risk of, family violence with multiple legal issues.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0475979140
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Lawyer – SAGE via Pro Bono Australia.