About the Role
About the Organisation
• Provide direct and meaningful support
• Diverse and inclusive organisation
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About Youth Residential Support Services
The Youth Residential Support Service (YRSS) provides a 7 day a week service for young people who are becoming unwell or are still recovering from an acute illness and need a period of additional support and consolidation to complement their treatment and support.
The YRSS is a rehabilitation and recovery service that provides a safe and shared living environment for young people and aims to encourage positive individual growth and development for young people with mental health illnesses to improve their quality of life and broaden their opportunities. It aims to promote positive personal and social relationships for young people, including with their friends, families and their broader social networks and community.
About the role
• Part Time, Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2019
• Located in Moorabbin Youth Residential Rehabilitation
• Provide direct support and rehabilitation to consumers within their community
• Working with community partners
• Maintain records and resources
• Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
• Work closely with clinical case managers in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers
• Work within a collaborative team approach
What will you bring to the role?
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives
• Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Be a team player
• Knowledge of the recovery model
• Current Working with Children Check
• Australian Working Rights
• Drivers licence
• Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
“Neami’s been amazing for career development. I’ve gone through several different types of roles and positions. Over the last 11 years there have been so many opportunities to engage with, and the organisation really supports people to do that”
We acknowledge Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities as the Traditional Custodians of the land we work on and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that their sovereignty was never ceded. Neami National is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We are an environmentally conscious organisation.
• Diverse and inclusive organisation
• Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
• Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
• Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
• Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
• Flexible working arrangements are available
• Pet friendly environment
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Aida Gogelyte - Service Manager
Phone : (03) 8525 0777
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Rehabilitation and Support Worker – Moorabbin YRR via Pro Bono Australia.