About the Role
The Executive Officer will be responsible for the strategic and creative planning, marketing and fundraising and will oversee the development of digital programs designed to make learning fun for children with dyslexia. This is a start-up role and one of the early primary responsibilities will be to implement the organisational structure, administration and governance required to run a charity.
The key duties are:
• Develop and manage the Foundation’s strategic plan and administrative structure
• Build relationships with government, corporate sponsors, related not-for-profit organisations and other stakeholders.
• Facilitate regular publication on social media of the Foundation’s research and initiatives.
• Network and seek out funding and government grant opportunities.
• Organise fundraising events to increase cash flow and awareness of the Foundation
• Oversee investments and programs that build digital and gaming solutions for learning in different ways.
• Generate excitement through community portals such as corporate or online hackathon’s, school programs and crowdsourcing
• Lead and motivate a group of volunteers and teams to deliver key strategic outcomes in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Oversee the administration and governance requirements of the Foundation. About You:
• An advocate for children (and adults) with dyslexia or other learning difficulties
• Likes strategic thinking and planning
• Has a passion for learning, gaming and social media.
• Effective communicator and has the ability to liaise with all levels across business.
• Agile, open to experimenting and innovation.
• Experience in business administration and management .
About the Organisation
The Mo, Evie & Otis Foundation (“Foundation”) is a registered charity established in honour of Otis Maslin who had dyslexia. Otis was not diagnosed with dyslexia until he was 8 years old, and like many children with dyslexia, struggled with school work.
The purpose of the Foundation is to therefore make learning to read fun for younger children with dyslexia through engagement and play.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0437008348
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.