About the Role
Full-time or part-time (0.8 FTE) applications welcomed; contract to August 2019
Opportunity to contribute to an innovative legal program
Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging, leave loading and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
The SAGE team
The SAGE team offers:
- intensive legal and family violence support
- case management and strong referral pathways
- ‘wraparound’ support with inclusion of additional services
- a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach to supporting women to engage with legal processes.
The SAGE team includes the following personnel:
- Project Co-ordinator – part-time/4 days
- Community Lawyer – full-time (or part-time/4 days)
- Family Violence Advocate – full-time (or part-time/4 days)
- Intake and Administration Officer – part-time/2 days.
SAGE also has strong partnerships with services that provide additional specialist support.
As a key member of SAGE, the Family Violence Advocate will work within the SAGE team alongside broader legal practice. The Family Violence Advocate will have considerable experience with complex case management and the ability to deliver a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach to supporting women to engage with legal processes. .
You will be tertiary qualified in Health/Social Sciences, and/or have extensive experience in the family violence/community sector. You will be a compassionate person who respects people, their circumstances and decisions. You will be able to effectively manage tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of self-awareness, resilience and professionalism. Specifically, you will have:
- an in-depth understanding of the social and gendered nature of domestic/family violence in the context of intimate partner violence
- significant experience providing specialist family violence services
- experience working within a multi-disciplinary environment particularly in family violence
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is full-time or part-time (0.8 FTE), based at ECLC’s Boronia location (and integrated outreach locations across Melbourne’s East) on a fixed term contract until August 2019 (with the possibility of extension). Attractive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on qualifications, skills and experience.
About the Organisation
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) responds to the legal and related needs of the communities across Melbourne's east, with a focus on those most vulnerable. Professional and innovative services are delivered from three offices and numerous outreach locations.
ECLC has been selected by the Australian Government to implement a specialist family violence unit under the Women’s Safety Package (announced in September 2015). SAGE provides a unique model for providing legal and family violence support to women with increased vulnerability experiencing, or at risk of, family violence with multiple legal issues.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0475979140
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The position description and further information is available at www.eclc.org.au/employment
Applications close Sunday, 13 May 2018
Applications must clearly address the selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Advocate – SAGE via Pro Bono Australia.