About the role
• Strategic Senior Leadership Role
• International Aid and Development Agency
• Drive Change and Innovation in supporting marginalized communities
• Sydney-based with regular travel within Australia and overseas
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of International Programs is a member of the executive Leadership Team and is responsible for delivering Caritas Australia’s Humanitarian Response initiatives and development Programs in 24 countries including our First Australians programs. Key responsibilities include:
• Strategic Leadership of the International Programs Team
• Stakeholder Liaison and Advocacy
• Risk Management and Mitigation for all field operations
Your Experience and Capabilities
Your experience in effectively leading a diverse international aid and development portfolio will be highly valued along with your:
• Proven record of success in managing people, programs and budgets
• Excellent analytical, planning and strategic change management skills
• Experience in leading the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and humanitarian initiatives
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications and in-country experience working in an international aid and development agency
• Demonstrated commitment to applying the principles of Catholic Social Teachings
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with faith based agencies
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant Criminal Record Checks. Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head International Programs via Pro Bono Australia.