About the Role
About the Organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Brotherhood of St Laurence drives change that promotes a compassionate and fair society where everyone has a sense of belonging. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), administering the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll-out is partnering with the Brotherhood to deliver Local Area Coordination (LAC) services in the North East Melbourne, Hume Moreland and Bayside Peninsula areas.
LAC is pivotal in the NDIS, providing planning coordination and capacity building support for people with disability to maximise their choice and control over the services they receive to live an ordinary life.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Intake and Booking Officer will work within the Intake and Booking team, which is a centrally managed team with a critical role in ensuing smooth and efficient planning coordination. The Intake and Booking Officer is the first point of contact for all new and current participants contacting the Local Area Coordination team. This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently screening NDIS participant records to ensure that all relevant participant, family, and carer information is correct, current and available in order to enable a referral to be progressed to an appointment booking with a Local Area Coordinator for plan development.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
• proven experience in working at a contact centre, customer services or similar role
• well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
• demonstrated experience in providing professional and friendly customer service to the community
• well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast paced environment
• ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
• demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook with ability to effectively use a range of office and customer support technologies
• understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
• demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
• demonstrated understanding of disability and the care and community sector
• lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, carers and community
• networks within CALD or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
We currently have three full time positions available working 38 hours per week. Part time hours may be considered upon request.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/. For further information about the role phone Lucy Norvill on 0490 440 567.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake and Booking Officer via Pro Bono Australia.