About the Role
Manager – Strategy and Planning
38 hours per week
The Manager, Strategy and Planning plays an important role helping to inform and guide the strategic direction of the Women’s. Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategy, Planning and Performance, this role is required to analyse and report on important policy, advocacy, service demand and emerging issues, and lead the development and implementation of the Women’s strategic plan. It has a strong focus on improving healthcare for all women and newborns, and progressing the Women’s commitment to health equity. This is a senior role with responsibility for developing outstanding relationships with critical stakeholders within the hospital as well as across government and the health, primary care and community sectors.
About the team
The Strategy, Planning and Performance team is responsible for ensuring the Women’s has a sustainable future as a leading women’s health service provider and a strong advocate for women’s health issues, through successful development, implementation and evaluation of The Women’s strategic plan.
Under direction of the Executive Director, this role is responsible for leading the development of The Women’s strategic plan to meet The Women’s Declaration, assisting with its implementation and reporting on its delivery.
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Analyse and report on National and State policy, including ascertaining relevance, impact and opportunities for the Women’s
- Provide high quality written advice and reports about our strategic priorities, which influence decisions by the Women’s Board, Chief Executive, governments (including briefings to parliamentary and government inquiries), health sectors and philanthropists
- Lead a range of strategic steering committees
- Manage complex projects, conduct reviews of strategies, plans and frameworks, oversee key aspects of the strategic planning process and conduct analysis and monitor achievement of the strategic plan
To be successful within this role you will need to have:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading strategy development and implementation
- Highly developed research and analytical skills and the ability to drive innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to scan, understand and synthesise the strategic and policy environment
- A background in public policy or similar
For more information about the position, please see the Position Description attached or to apply for this position please select ‘Apply Now’ below.
**All employment with the Women’s is subject to and conditional upon a satisfactory clearance of a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and Police Check.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0383452803
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Strategy and Planning via Pro Bono Australia.