About the Role
The Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) are seeking a driven and motivated Media and Marketing Manager. Reporting to the IMA General Manager, the purpose of this role is to build brand awareness and drive visitors to the IMA through targeted and effective media relations and marketing activity. In order to achieve this, the successful candidate will develop and implement a 12 month media and communications strategy to protect and enhance the image and reputation of the IMA and the wider Muslim community in Victoria.
• Manage and oversee a communications research project on key issues that affect Victorian Muslims and their relationships with the broader community
• Support the General Manager to maintain and develop relationships with external stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and awareness of community issues
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies for current and new IMA programs and activities
• Prepare media releases and written materials for public awareness campaigns
• Maximise awareness and engagement through digital platforms including social media, advertising, referrer stakeholder publications and third party endorsements
• Prepare and deliver high quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications
• Contribute to the development and achievement of the wider organisational strategic plan
Skills & Experience:
• Tertiary qualification in Media, Public Relations, Communications or similar
• Extensive network or media contacts and proven ‘run’ record
• Demonstrated experience in a senior media and marketing management role
• Demonstrated experience leading communications campaigns and/or experience with community engagement methodologies
• Experience in stakeholder management, PR and media relations
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.