About the Role
In this position, you will have a key role in supporting early childhood services to provide quality education.
This role is full-time until 21 December 2018.
You will join our member services team and your responsibilities will include the provision of:
• high level industrial, employment-related and human resource management advice and assistance to a variety of early childhood services (our members) regarding Agreements/Awards, relevant legislation, payroll, practices, policies in the early childhood and care education sector;
• support to our members in grievance and dispute negotiation and resolution matters;
• advice and assistance to our members in regard to management, governance and general employment related issues and adherence to the National Quality Framework
• negotiation of industrial agreements;
• high level of support to colleagues dealing with IR/HR queries from members
The ideal person we are looking for will have:
• A thorough understanding of and experience in Industrial Relations, human resource management, the Fair Work Act 2009 and other relevant legislation.
• Relevant qualification in Industrial Relations and/or Human Resources
• An awareness and understanding of the awards and agreements applicable to staff in early childhood services.
• Ability to interpret awards and agreements applicable to employees in early childhood services.
• Skills and/or experience in conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation and/or advocacy.
• Sound knowledge of governance and management requirements for voluntary committees of management and Early Years Management organisations would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the current law, regulations and policies governing children’s services would be beneficial.
At ELAA, you will be valued for your skills, knowledge and expertise. Together with a salary package based on your experience, skills and qualifications, you will also be offered ongoing professional development and support.
If you are passionate about making a real difference by supporting early childhood service providers to deliver high quality early learning, we would like to hear from you.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 27 April 2018 at 5.00pm.
About the Organisation
Early Learning Association Australia (ELAA) is an independent, not-for-profit peak membership body providing management advice and support to early childhood education and care services.
We are passionate about the importance of high-quality, affordable and accessible early childhood education and care. We champion excellence in early learning for children, and support parents and service providers.
Our positive relationships with stakeholders and governments give our members a voice in public debate about early learning. We actively work with our members through the provision of professional and specialist advice, training and resources for committees, management and staff.
Our commitment to child safety
ELAA’s Statement of Commitment to Child Safety is our public vow of dedication to ensure child safety and wellbeing in all aspects of our work as a child safe organisation. https://elaa.org.au/about-us/commitment-child-safe-standards/
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03) 9489 3500
Applications briefly addressing the key selection criteria should be addressed to Glenda Glover, Manager, Member Services.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Friday 27 April 2018.
Please quote in application: Member Services Officer (IR/HR Portfolio) via Pro Bono Australia.