About the Role
St Kilda Mums is looking for two incredible people to join our Operations team.
You will play an important role in the general operations of our St Kilda premises. There are two Part Time 0.6 FTE Operations Coordinator positions available. Applicants must be available until 5pm on at least three weekdays.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be required to:
- Be an active presence on the floor each day, supervising volunteers and staff, and being their go-to for guidance and queries
- Ensure that training for volunteers is ongoing, and that skills are transferred between volunteers so that all areas of our operations are consistently covered
- Coordinate the processing of all incoming donations of nursery equipment and children’s clothing
- Ensure accurate and efficient stock management
- Provide a safe work environment for all people on our sites
- Ensure quality control checks are completed
You will bring at least 3 years experience from a warehouse coordination, retail management or stock management type role, preferably in a volunteer-powered organisation.
The key selection criteria for this role includes (but is not limited to):
- Previous supervisory experience in similar field
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to think on your feet and calmly manage multiple tasks
- Experience in inventory management
- Good understanding of workplace health and safety practices
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity at all times
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet St Kilda Mums Inc core values
- Proficiency with software programs such as Gmail and MS Office apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with a not-for-profit or volunteer-run organisation will be regarded favourably, but is not essential
To be successful in this role, you will need to describe your experience relevant to the key selection criteria. This position is based in St Kilda, with the right candidate working approximately 3 days per week, including 5pm finishes and potential weekend hours, which will be negotiated on employment.
About the Organisation
Our mission is to share the joy of motherhood, in partnership with support agencies, by recycling baby essentials to families in need.
St Kilda Mums, Geelong Mums and Eureka Mums save the earth’s precious resources by joining with support agencies throughout Victoria to meet the material needs of families with young children. We collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys to families in need.
We are a volunteer-powered organisation with a small team of paid staff who have the responsibility of managing the activity needed to achieve the goals in the organisation’s strategic plan.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.