About the Role
The Police & Emergency Services Program Engagement Manager is responsible for leading a range of stakeholder engagement activities associated with the beyondblue Police and Emergency Services (PES) Program. They will also hold subject matter expertise in relation to this target audience, providing information and guidance to the beyondblue PES Program team.
The PES Program aims to promote the mental health of police and emergency services personnel across Australia and reduce their risk of suicide. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of engagement activities related to the broader PES Program and specific PES projects, including:
Promoting collaboration between agencies, unions, peak bodies and government departments through state-based strategies
In collaboration with PES Project Manager and contracted service providers, support PES agencies to translate the knowledge gained from beyondblue’s National Mental Health and Wellbeing Study of Police and Emergency Services, to implement or enhance a mentally healthy workplace strategy.
– Proactively manage the day-to-day activities and implementation of the national engagement strategy for the PES Program, with a particular focus on maintaining relationships with emergency services employers across Australia.
– Being the central point of contact for stakeholders (e.g. employers, unions, researchers, profession-specific bodies, and relevant charitable organisations), including maintaining state-based networks of PES agency representatives and relationships with national peak bodies.
– Support the PES Program Project manager to maintain the broad sector buy-in and participation in the research project and associated activities.
– Identify mechanisms to ensure that the experience of frontline workers, particularly those who have had a mental health condition, informs the PES Program and is represented in project activities.
– Identify opportunities and existing events for beyondblue to promote and present on the PES Program activities and key messages.
– Identify, support and coordinate beyondblue and other potential speakers to present on the PES Program at relevant meetings and events.
– Presenting on behalf of beyondblue at relevant events such as conferences, forums and network meetings relevant to the PES sector.
– Maintaining CRM records related to engagement activities
– Maintain ongoing communications with key stakeholders, including newsletter updates when new information is available.
– Contribute to day-to-day PES Program administration and management including reporting, maintenance of web content and resources, developing briefs, contributing to media content when requested, adapting PowerPoint presentations, and annual program reviews and planning.
– Collaboration with the Workplace, Partnerships and Engagement Group to achieve overall team objectives.
– Collaboration with other program areas / operational teams within beyondblue to achieve overall PES Program objectives.
– Tertiary qualifications relevant to the Police and Emergency Services sector, health, health promotion, or a related discipline.
– Industry specific experience – Frontline experience as a police or emergency services employee or experience working closely with this workforce, and existing networks within this sector.
– Relationship Management — Knowledge of principles and processes for effectively building and managing internal and external working relationships. Demonstrated experience in the profiling, targeting and engagement of senior level stakeholders for the purpose of influencing their knowledge/actions.
– Subject Matter Expertise – Extensive knowledge in the Police and Emergency Services industry. Ideally knowledge and expertise in the area of mental health, workplace mental health, work health and safety and/or suicide prevention.
– Communication Skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of communicating effectively with different audiences.
– Presentation Skills & Experience – Demonstrated experience in presenting to diverse audiences.
– Program or Project Management – Knowledge and skills in planning, budgeting, resource identification and deployment, task and activity monitoring, reporting, and overall project delivery against defined objectives, methods and outcomes.
– Document Preparation – Proven ability to prepare a variety of types of documentation including budgets, work schedules, briefing notes, correspondence and reports with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to analyse complex information.
Team Structure and Relationships
– The position reports to the Workplace Priority Audience Lead
– The Priority Audience team consists of a Project Manager in each of the Priority Audiences: being Small Business, Health Services and Police and Emergency Services.
– The Priority Audience Team sits within the Workplace team, which also consists of Workplace Engagement, Subject Matter Expertise and Strategy teams.
– The PES Engagement Manager will work closely with the broader Workplace, Partnerships & Engagement Group and will support the work of the team.
– The PES Engagement Manager will also work with other stakeholders within beyondblue
including Media, Marketing and Brand and Content Teams within the Marcomms Team, and the Speakers and Events Teams.
– Given the engagement focus of this role, a significant proportion of the effort of the role will be on engagement with external stakeholders. Such stakeholders may include but are not limited to:
Emergency services agencies, unions, academics, networks such as The Council of Ambulance Authorities (CAA), The Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC) and The Australia New Zealand Policing Advisory Agency (ANZPAA), police and emergency services personnel, and relevant charitable organisations, Government and statutory authority stakeholders including WorkCover authorities
– Members of the public
About the Organisation
Our vision: All people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission: We promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone’s mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by depression, anxiety and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with beyondblue's values, which are:
Collaboration – we work willingly with others to collaborate and share knowledge, skills and expertise.
Respect – we treat others with respect and dignity, and believe in diversity.
Enthusiasm – we are passionate about enjoying life and work.
Excellence – we strive continually for excellence.
Innovation – we encourage innovative ideas and approaches.
Integrity – we act with honesty, integrity and transparency
Apply for this Job
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Police and Emergency Services Engagement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.